Thursday, June 19, 2008

The First of Many Gumball Reviews

Hello all!

This post will be the first of many dedicated to reviewing gumballs - the simple ones, the tasty ones, and the downright strange ones. The gumballs that I will be reviewing all come from Gumball.com. They've got a great selection of flavors and varieties. Check it out!

Now, onto the first review!

Maison Review #1 - Sour Cotton Candy Gumballs

The Sour Cotton Candy Gumballs came in a case of 850 (standard 1 inch gumballs) and were in 4 different colors - a bright blue (almost cyan), a faded green, an arctic blue, and a red-ish almost maroon color.

Before I jump into an analysis of the flavor, I must note that I hold cotton candy in very, very high regard. It was perhaps my favorite food as a kid, and I ate the stuff by the truck-load. Basically, before I bit into that first gumball, I had lofty expectations.

So, the pressure was high on these gumballs, and they most certainly delivered. The authentic cotton candy taste was there, and the slight sour flavor added a whole other level of complexity to the overall taste and composition of the ball's flavor. Honestly, the sweetness of the cotton candy flavor might have been a little overwhelming if not for the addition of the sour. The two balance each other quite well, and the result is an excellent example of gumball handiwork.

A little more background information is needed now - at the end of every product review I will conclude with a rating of the gumball that reflects a number of factors including taste, flavor, composition, sweetness, savorability, tang, zest, and aroma.

I give the Sour Cotton Candy Gumballs 4 balls out of 5. An all around tasty product that I'd recommend to any gumball aficionado or lover of candy.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

I would have thought the sour taste could have ruined them, but they sound good. I love the way you set up the links with last posts, btw.