Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Review (finally.)

It’s been much too long since my last review, so here goes. My next stop on the gumball-filled adventure called life was the Peach Gumball from Gumball.com.

Maison Review #5 - Peach Gumballs

My investigation began upon reception of the box. This prunus persica flavored ball was sure to delight my taste buds, I thought to myself. The delightfully colored peachy orange orb connoted the furriness and fleshiness that I have come to expect and enjoy from a peach. Opening the box with sheer merriment plastered upon my visage, I ripped through the cardboard only to find a shining, yellow, globate, chewable that was nothing like the peachy treat I had feasted my eyes upon only days before.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. I slunk back into my oversized, brown armchair and simply gazed into the fireplace before me. The coals that filled the sooty stall were a fitting metaphor for this nightmare of an unwrapping.

After a good deal of sulking, I finally gave into my innermost temptation to insert this sad excuse for a gumball into my mouth. For approximately 26 seconds, the ball simply rested on my tongue as my teeth remained perched above and below the ball refusing to engage in mastication out of utter disdain. Finally, molar met marble.

What followed is a simply indescribable sensation, but I will try to relate it. Imagine yourself in an ever-extending Georgia peach field. Everywhere you look, simply the freshest fruit ripe for the picking straight from the tree. You begin to run – simply for the pleasure of it. The scent of delicious, fresh fruit fills your nostrils as you run by dozens then hundreds then thousands of Georgia peach trees. Then you stop. You’ve found the tree. You pluck fruit from the highest branch. It’s a perfect sphere – no flaws. You know it’s the one. Grasping the fruit in your hand, you lower toward your mouth then sink your canines into its sweet, moist flesh. Nirvana.

Yes, friends. This once peach gumball skeptic is now perhaps it’s biggest fan. I can utter no more words on the subject, so it must be grading time.

Aroma - 4.5. I was in the orchard.

Look - 2. These gumballs left much to be desired. And they weren't, well, orange.

Composition - 3. Not the sweet, fleshiness of a peach but a good chew nonetheless.

Taste - 4.5. Simply delicious.

Overall, I give the Peach Gumballs 3.5 balls out of 5.

This gumball represents what is good in the world of gum. An accurate and excellent chew that left me feeling satisfied.

Now I must ask a favor of you - please excuse an unexcusable portion of corniness, but I feel that in this instance it is justified.

Here goes: The Peach Gumballs left me feeling downright peachy.

No comments: